Monday, July 16, 2018

Comics in Coursework

Cartoon in comic style of Tess in office inviting contacts
I just discovered Pixton comic maker and I have to say, my head is spinning with ideas on how to use these in teaching and learning. Pixton comes at a cost, but it's a low one well worth considering either for your own coursework, or for your students to use in the production of learning activities and assessments. And it's just plain fun!

You can create avatars that are very customizable. This isn't like Second Life level of customization, but you could approximate most looks. Bodies can be posed, backgrounds and props can be added from libraries or uploaded (which I haven't tried yet). It's well worth exploring! Let us know if you do something interesting with Pixton and we'll showcase your work!

Additional Reading/Viewing

Why I Teach Comics in Higher Education (PDF file)

No comments:

Post a Comment