Tuesday, October 22, 2019

VIDEO: Accessibility & Academic Continuity (+ Video editing strategies!)

This week I created a 20-minute presentation for New Faculty Orientation, to be delivered in a face-to-face setting for those full-time faculty able to attend. But for those not able to attend, and for part-time faculty also not able to drop in, I recorded this quick Screencast-o-Matic master video shared in Canvas.

I captioned and posted it quickly to ensure immediate access to the content, but will further refine it by dividing it into two videos (one for each topic) that can be used individually or in conjunction with each other.

Best practice for video length is generally 5-7 minutes, but two 10-minute videos would work well here as well. This video can be used until my updated versions are ready. I'll need to recheck my captions for accuracy, and update anyplace where it has been embedded. This is why spreadsheet records of each video (and where it is placed) are such a timesaver!

No comments:

Post a Comment